1. I started sewing an Anna dress today out of a green tablecloth I bought at Savers. I am doing the knee length version with a v-neck. Steve was over while I was fitting the bodice and told me I looked like an elf. I guess it is that sort of green.
2. I have learned a lot about the shape of my body since learning how to sew. (a) I have forward sloping shoulders so I need to do a forward shoulder adjustment. (b) One breast is bigger than another (like everyone who has breasts) and it means adjusting the size/location of my bust darts. (c) I have broad shoulders and any sleeves that are cap or kimono make me look like a football player.
3. Things on my sewing to do list are the Hawthorne Dress, a bra (!), and the Washi Dress.
4. Every day this past week, I wore something I made. Which means I wore skirts all week.
5. Anyone have recommendations for interesting podcasts? I listen to them while I sew and I run out of my usual ones (On the Media, This American Life) within a couple of hours.
6. My favourite snack right now: sourdough toast topped with avocado and sauerkraut or kimchi. So delicious.
7. I beat Matthew this week at Twilight Struggle as the USSR in the Late War. It was super satisfying. Have I mentioned Twilight, our new favourite game? It is made for two players and is the number one game on Boardgamegeek.com. It takes a bit to learn and once you do it is absolutely fantastic.