I woke up this morning at 0100 and haven't been able to get back to sleep, so I decided to write a quick take post.
1. I went to bed Friday night around 2000, this might explain why I awoke at 0100. I have been so tired lately, but I haven't been able to get a full night sleep. Probably due to stress.
2. Speaking of stress, I am going to be soooo happy when this semester ends. Taking 2.25 classes, trying to wrap up some great research, and still spend time with my lovely husband? It has been pretty difficult. Matthew has been super duper great about taking care of householdy stuff so I don't have to think it.
3. Speaking of Matthew doing householdy stuff, we bought a cast-iron dutch oven a few months ago and he has started making bread in it. He covers it with olive oil and salt before baking and the bread comes out with a delicious crispy crust and light, airy interior. It is fantastic. I'm amazed that he doesn't get too frustrated working in our small kitchen.
4. Speaking of our small kitchen, we found out the people in the front house (we are in the carriage house) bought a house and will be moving in June. We are going to move to the more spacious front house. The move should be fairly easy - Matthew can move all the brew equipment from our side of the basement to the other side. The kitchen in our current place has been driving me crazy for a few months now and I will be happy to have things such as drawers! and a dishwasher! We will be losing the amazing deck and easy access to the backyard, but I really really am okay with that for a nicer place to cook. I look forward to actually cooking after this term is out.
5. Speaking of hobbies, the sewing machine I bought for my birthday is back home and I'm getting used to all the quirks that comes along with owning a 60 year old machine. I spent last weekend cutting up some fabric and testing out all the different stitches and pressure feet that came along with my machine. This weekend, I might make aprons for us as well as start sewing a skirt, if I can find the time around work stuff that needs to happen.
6. Speaking of work stuff, I'm going to try and write a GRL paper this weekend. I don't want to get scooped on some amazing results we have and Marc seems to think this paper should be fairly easy to write. He told me to cannibalise his last proposal and the EMIC paper I wrote for the magnetospheres class he is teaching this semester. I really do need to start writing some papers so I can GTFO of New England.
7. Speaking of New England, the weather has been warming up over the last few weeks and I'm finally not cold all the time anymore. I'm looking forward to warm, sunny days working in the garden or hosting croquet parties or sitting outside while the cat suns herself.
That's it for this week. If I'm going to up all night anyway, I might as well start working on #6.