06 December 2013

Pre-AGU Quicktakes

1. Let it Snow!



2. I made a delicata squash rice bowl based on this recipe this week and it was good. Very good. My changes - pan roasted chickpeas with salt, pepper, and chipotle powder instead of the tofu and no mushrooms. For the sauce, I omitted the lemongrass.


3. I have enough nice Me-Made clothes to make it through the entire AGU week. And then I can show off my threads to everyone!


4. Over the last couple of weeks, I lost two earrings while wearing them. Now I have two sad earrings without mates. I should probably procure more those plastic earring backing so I don't lose anymore.


5. Over Thanksgiving, we went to Philadelphia for our 3rd Honeymoon trip. We visited the Mütter Museum, Eastern State Penitentiary, Rocky Statue, Magic Gardens, and Museum of Natural History with animatronic dinosaurs and a behind the scenes look at how the animal dioramas are made. We also made it to Vedge (oh my goodness so much good vegan food), Miss Rachel's Pantry (okay vegan food), and Brauhaus Schmitz (not even remotely vegan food). We used AirBnb for our lodging and the apartment we stayed in was quite lovely.


6. While in Philadelphia, we went to Hats in the Belfry and bought a couple of cute hats for Matthew - fedora and page boy.


7. We also went to Fabric Row and I quickly became completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of fabric available! This is not your typical JoAnn's store which was exactly what I was looking for. Overall, Philadelphia was a fantastic trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment