18 October 2013

Takin' Quick

Goodness, this week went by quickly.

1. Cocktail party tonight! We went shopping yesterday at the liquor store and I felt like such a lush buying all the booze. We shouldn't run out though, which would be a disaster at a cocktail party! And I get to wear one of my handmade fancy dresses!

-----------

2. Yesterday I was waiting for Matthew and saw this lovely spider hanging on the window (on the outside).


-----------

3. Last weekend, Matthew and I were grocery shopping and I was trying to decide on a wine to drink. The "plays well with" did not persuade me to buy this wine.


-----------

4. This was kitty butt being the most adorable cat this morning. My blog wouldn't be complete without cat pictures, right?


-----------

5. I made Squash Risotto last night for dinner and it was amazingly delicious. I used a combination of butternut and delicata squash and when I make it again, I will roast the squash in the oven while the onions are caramelizing. We didn't end up eating until almost 20:00 because I was using the same pan for everything per the instructions.

-----------

6. Matthew and I have been able to have short conversations in Deutsch, which makes me really happy. Wie geht es heute? Mir geht es so la la. Nicht ausgezeichnet? Nein, ausgezeichnet nicht. And maybe something about Frühstück as well.

-----------

7. I made the Verity Dress a few weeks ago from a cotton-polyester blend knit from Joann's. I am a big big fan of this dress. I am going to try to depuff the sleeves because they don't do anything for my broad shoulders and I bought both red and grey knits to make similar dresses. I cut a size small and the fit has been great. On my next go around I need to lengthen the sleeves and waistband by about an inch and the skirt by a few inches. I left the bottom unhemmed so I wouldn't lose any length.

No comments:

Post a Comment