1. This Sunday, I'm purchasing all the equipment I need to process black and white film. There is a place locally with an attic full of photographic supplies that you can dig through. I'm going with a friend to check it out and pick up all the equipment I need. Shooting film lately has been really enjoyable and I'm excited to be more connected to the process.
2. Work is a bit stressful lately. Managing people is not my favourite thing to do and having to take people off projects is heart wrenching. I am re-evaluating the way I manage in hopes that I can curb problems in the future before they bloom into something major.
3. Tonight was my group's holiday party. Matthew came at the tail end and my boss took the time to tell him how great I am. It was a nice round about way for him to say that I am awesome because, dude, I am awesome at my job.
4. I started doing a one minute plank every night about a month ago. For the first couple of days, I couldn't do the full 60 seconds, but now I am able to make it through the minute without any problems. It is really satisfying to progress is something physical because I am not a super physical person.
5. On Thursday I woke up early and decided to do 45 minutes of yoga and 20 minutes of meditation. It made my stressful week so so much better. I was not as irritated by little things, I was happier in general, and everything felt so much easier. I took the time to do a 20 minute meditation on Friday and again my day was really great. I am going to try to get up at 6am so I have enough time to meditate before getting ready for work. It totally makes a difference in my day.
6. Speaking of meditation, a friend introduced me to Tara Brach. I added her podcast to my feed and I really enjoy the meditations. Her voice doesn't irritate me the way some other meditations do (Headspace, I'm looking at you). I also joined a group at work that meditates every Tuesday for an hour. I'm excited to meet with them next Tuesday.
7. I joined Instagram recently and I am really enjoying using it. It fulfills the Social Media aspect I desire without being overwhelming or fake. Please follow me! https://www.instagram.com/source.decay/