10 May 2013

Another Friday, another quick takes

Oh, I am very happy it is the weekend!

1. I believe that I have taken my last class as a graduate student. That is, unless I decide to take the cognate classes for the teaching "minor". But, my last physics classes, for sure! I should check that. I might be in for a rude surprise when I try to graduate next spring.

2. We went to look at the house next door to make sure we really want to move and we do. The two bedroom house (with dishwasher!) will be much better for us. I have moved at least once EVERY year since moving out of my parent's house in 2003. Geez, I should settle down at some point. Have I already said that in a previous quick take?

3. I am on the hunt for non-alcoholic non-sweet wine like beverages. I tried a fruit juice one, but it was waaay too sweet for my tastes. I would like non-alcoholic wine, but all the reviews I have read about NA wine is that it is very sweet. I tried to find some locally and no one carries any. Alcohol shipping costs are pretty high for me to just order a bottle to try and not like it.

4. I am writing these quick takes on Pomodoro breaks from editing my plasma term paper.

5. Marc and I are going to have a paper writing party. I'm going to sit in his office and we are each going to spend a couple of days writing papers to get them done and done.

6. I set a date (finally) for my thesis proposal. 22 May! 10:00! Morse 301! I could only book the room for two hours, so I hope they don't have to ask me too many questions.

7. I don't have depression, but several family members and close friends do. This description was enlightening and made me really appreciate that when I get blue, I am not very deep on the depression spectrum.

6 comments:

  1. I read that posting on depression too. I agree that it was accurate, and I would recommend it to friends or family who have loved ones with depression.
    As for non-OH wine, let me know if you find something! I would be interested if any of them are good.
    Good luck on papers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might see if any place in Boston or Portland, Maine sells the NA wine. I'll let you know how they are!

      Delete
  2. Thesis proposal coming up so soon! Good thoughts - good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The proposal is a formality at this point. I'm supposed to tell my committee what I am going to do for my dissertation, but really I'm telling them what I did and how I am going to wrap up everything in the next year. Thanks for the good thoughts!

      Delete
  3. May 22!! Good luck! Try V8...it's the only non-sweet beverage I can think of. You could mix it with ice, crust the rim of your class with salt and voilĂ ! ...a virgin V8 margarita. Sounds disgusting to me, but I could see it becoming a new thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do love V8! How does anyone not like V8? It is delicious.

      Delete